Dr. Pete N. Bougas, Jr. grew up in the Atlanta area, and graduated from Briarcliff High School in 1975. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Georgia in 1978. He received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine in 1981 from the Medical College of Georgia where he graduated third in a class of 64. In 1983, he received his certificate in orthodontics from the University of Florida College of Dentistry in Gainesville, Florida.
Dr. Bougas has been in private practice since 1983. To ensure that his patients receive the best treatment available today, Dr. Bougas routinely attends seminars for continuing education and is well-informed about the latest orthodontic innovations and techniques.
Dr. Bougas and his wife Salli have three children, Nicholas, Emily, and Anna. They enjoy spending time at sporting events and traveling. Many weekends are spent with the children at their soccer and tennis tournaments. Dr. Bougas enjoys playing golf and spending time with his family. Dr. Bougas and his family are very active in the community and have lived in the area since 1987. Dr. Bougas considers it a great privilege to have treated thousands of local residents and is particularly proud to have provided treatment for the families of more than 35 local dentists.
Dr. Bougas’s areas of expertise include:
- Pediatric and adolescent orthodontics
- Adult orthodontics
- Facial growth modification (headgear, functional appliances)
- Diagnosis and treatment of bite and TMJ disorders
- Orthodontics combined with orthognathic (jaw) surgery
- Habit elimination (thumb sucking, tongue thrusting)
Dr. Bougas has been awarded:
- Best of Snellville – 2009, 2010
- Best of Gwinnett – 2008, 2009, 2010
- Top Dentist, Atlanta Magazine – 2009, 2010
Dr. Bougas holds the following professional memberships:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Georgia Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association